Monday mornings need some serious canoodling to get us to work. Here’s a simple French recipe that peps us up.
What you need ….
- 1 .5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
A pinch of salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon butter
Nutella, as much as you like
1 teaspoon vanilla extractHow to ….
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients
- Stir until batter is smooth, it’s okay to have a few lumps
- Add in melted butter
- Let batter rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator (you can prepare it overnight to save on time)
- Place a frying pan over medium heat until very hot
- Add a dash of butter and ladle in the crepe batter (rotate the pan to spread the batter to resemble a dosa)
- Cook both sides and flip onto a plate. Make sure to keep them in a warm place
- Lay a spoonful of Nutella and your favorite choice of fruit bits. Attack!