Have you ever wondered how much time is spent on certain activities in a lifetime? When our day-to-day activities are summed up, it can be an eye opener to watch how much of our life goes into each of these tasks.
- SLEEPING – A good night’s sleep is vital for every living being. Given that on an average a person sleeps for 8 hours in a day, means that an average person will sleep for 229,961 hours in his/ her lifetime or basically one third of their life. Whoopie!
- EATING – Eating is an essential part of life and there is no denying that. An average person spends 67 minutes per day eating and drinking beverages. Summed up together, one spends a staggering 32,098 hours eating and drinking beverages in their lifetime.
- COMMUTING– Cruising down the streets with Arijit Singh playing on your car stereo can be a greatly rewarding, but driving can also be kind of a drag. According to a study done, an average person spends 101 minutes per day in some or the other form of commute. That means that in a lifetime, an average person spends a whopping 37,935 hours commuting.
- WORKING – Work is a big part of our life and our biggest source of income, but how much time do we actually spend working? Let’s say that an average person works 40 hours a week, from the age of 21-60 without any vacations then he/she ends up working for 109,980 hours during his lifetime.
- DIGITAL MEDIA – In the past decade, the impact of the Internet has exploded, becoming an integral part of our everyday lives. We work, shop, socialize, play games, educate, read news, and do so many other things online. A study done tells us that an average person spends 32 hours per month on some form of digital media. That totals 28,300 hours in a lifetime, and this number is only bound to increase.
- WATCHING TV – Most of us love watching TV as a leisure activity. Statistics say that on an average a person spends 2.8 hours per day, on leisurely aactivity. That means an average person will watch over 9 years’ worth of TV, or around 80,486 hours.
- CLEANING – Unless you’re Mary Poppins, you probably don’t like to clean very much; unfortunately, it’s something that most of us have to do. According to this article, women will spend 12,896 hours in their lifetime cleaning the home, which is almost one-and-a-half year of their lives. It may not be a huge surprise that men spend less time cleaning in their lifetime as compared to women.
So that’s how we spend the days of our lives 🙂