The world of Internet has fully exploded and been fully embraced by us. You can get your news online, learn how to DIY and even handle your grocery shopping from the convenience of your own couch. So many choices are now available online that you can even select your life partner as you can purchase appliances, clothes and gadgets. The savings & convenience can be tempting and un-matchable. But is there a catch?
In this post we try to tell you the things you should keep in mind before deciding to buy an air conditioner through the Internet. Tis’ the season for humidity and heat and this is one the gadgets we are relying on to keep our cool.
PROS – Why you should buy your AC online ?
• You will find lower prices – With the ability to compare prices and vendors, you will most definitely find cheaper units.
• You will find the best units – You can compare information between different OEM’s, models, makes, ratings to select the one that will be best suited for your home.
• It will be super convenient – It is convenient to shop from the comfort of your own home, especially when you are on a busy schedule and have no time to waste with salesman.
• You have a greater choice – It’s always nice to have more options to choose from, particularly if you live in an area where you have limited brick and mortar options.
• You trust yourself and love to make informed choices – The internet has no dearth of information and you can read user reviews, product ratings. study warranty details. check out images before making your buy.
CONS – Why you shouldn’t purchase an AC online
• Finding someone to Install the System – You may be able to find a cheaper air conditioner online, but do you know how to install it? Before you start scouring sites to find the best deal, it is important to note that most HVAC contractors will not install an air conditioner bought online. They don’t know where it came from or what condition it is inside the box, and they won’t be willing to take on that liability.
• Size matters – As a homeowner, you probably don’t know how to correctly evaluate your home to determine what size of air conditioning is needed. Contractors don’t always use the proper size, and a unit that is too small or large will be inefficient or won’t work at all.
• Warranty – When you are buying from a faceless entity on the Internet, you have limited resources available to you if there are problems. The company probably won’t assist if there are any problems, and pursuing them legally becomes challenging. With a local contractor, you will have better warranty and resources available to help you if a need arises. The last thing you want is to end up buying another unit because that great deal from the Internet turned out to be a dud.
A sweet deal on the Internet is certainly tempting, and it’s understandable that you would want to save some money. However, your air conditioner is an investment and should be treated as such. Providing comfortable temperatures in the home and keeping humidity under control, you want to know that your unit is properly sized and will last for at least 8-10 years. The best way to ensure proper installation and sizing is to trust the chore to the local professionals.