If you are wondering how to protect your expensive home technology systems with regular maintenance, read on..
- Keep a firewall turned on helps to keep hackers from gaining access to your computer in order to crash it, delete your information, and steal your passwords and other sensitive information. Air conditioning technicians work the same way to protect your family from health risks by replacing air filters to catch dust, dander, bacteria, and particles.
- Keep your operating system up-to-date, not only to stay in tune with the latest technology requirements, but also to fix any security holes. Tune-ups set your air conditioner back to factory settings with a through cleaning and inspection in order to ensure it’s in working condition.
The moving parts in your AC need regular maintenance too
Up to 50% of your home’s energy bill is from your air conditioning system. If it’s not running correctly, you’re losing money in the form of electricity bills and needlessly draining energy resources.
What happens if your AC doesn’t get regular maintenance
- Dirty blowers and coils can cause your bill to increase by 35%
- If you have to charge refrigerant to your air conditioning system that means you have a leak, which damages the environment and costs you money and this needs to be corrected on time
- 80% of all compressor failures could have been avoided if proper maintenance had been performed
- Condenser coils get clogged with dust, dirt, pollen, and other debris. When that happens, the condenser coil loses its ability to pull air from the unit. Then, the compressor has to work hard causing a higher electric bill.
- Dirty filters can cause the evaporator coil to starve for air. Each evaporator coil is designed for a specific volume of air to ensure adequate operation.
- Lack of professional maintenance on your cooling system can mean failure for your air conditioner’s compressor, condenser fan, and other system components. A malfunction of any component can overwork your unit.
- Replacing an air conditioning unit is expensive.
Save money on repairs
Performing periodic annually maintenance check can help you identify problems such as rust, rot, frayed wires, leaks and corroded electrical contacts BEFORE it becomes an expensive repair. Protect your investment by having a technician perform a simple and regular maintenance check on your Air Conditioners.