We understand that your home treadmill is a big investment. To extend the lifespan follow these simple tips
- Wipe down after every use.
- Keep the walking belt centered and aligned.
Daily Treadmill Maintenance
Every time you use the treadmill, perform these simple maintenance tips:
- Wipe down: Wipe the machine after every use. As moisture begins to build on the machine, it will increase rusting of its metal parts and will harbor bacterial and fungal growth.
- Keenly keep an eye for Problems : Pay attention to your treadmill with each use. If the machine is running rough or something is rubbing or scraping, discontinue use until you determine the cause of the issue.
Monthly Treadmill Maintenance
Every month, perform these simple maintenance checks:
- Check the walking belt and deck: Check the walking belt and deck for signs of wear. Also check the walking belt to make sure it is centered and straight and ensure it is not scraping or rubbing on the sides.
- Vacuum the area around the machine and underneath if possible. Remember to use your pair of indoor shoes while using your treadmill. If you use your treadmill regularly, dust and debris will begin to accumulate at the rear of the machine. It will not be easy to move the equipment around hence vacuuming will be the only feasible option.Check the frame nuts and bolts to ensure they are tightened and that the uprights attaching the console to the frame are secure. With regular use, it is common for them to vibrate loose.
Yearly Treadmill Maintenance
Once a year, perform these maintenance tasks:
- Vacuum inside the motor compartment and underneath the machine. Before removing the motor cover to vacuum be sure to turn off and unplug the machine. It is recommended that a technician performs this process.
- Lubricate the machine atleast once a year. Depending on the frequency, amount of use and the type of lubricant used, it may need to be lubed more often.
When to seek professional help for your treadmill?
In case of sounds and vibrations from your machine which may seem unusual to you, do not hesitate to seek professional help.